Bumblebee is designed to make life easy for
the instrument user, the instrument administrator and
the finance officer. Its feature-set includes:
- can use both RADIUS and LDAP authentication permitting integration with central sign-on infrastructure
- users are able to view the booking sheets in a calendar format for a month or a single day
- users are only able to view booking data for the
instruments they are permitted to use.
- users can make bookings or alter their own bookings.
- instrument administrators are able to modify anyone's bookings on an instrument and make bookings on behalf of other users.
- the use of consumables can also be recorded within the system
- the business logic for instrument billing is designed specifically for collaborative research in
an academic environment including classes of user (e.g. internal, external users) and
splitting usage costs between different research groups.
- system administrators are able to create new instruments, users, billing categories, etc
- data for bookings and consumable use can be exported in a variety of formats (CSV, tab delimited,
HTML or PDF)
- various views and summaries of the booking and consumabe data are also available in the above formats
(e.g. summary of all instruments used by a research group; summary of all users of an instrument)
- presentation of data and the business logic of the application are separated through the use of
templates and CSS